We’re thrilled to be the official host of Nonfiction Monday today! Special thanks to Anastasia Suen for organizing the roundup. We’ll post updates with links to reviews throughout the day, so check back often!
We’re also really excited to announce our Share & Win contest for our blog readers! Simply tell us about your favorite experience with Capstone books and you could win a $250 Capstone gift certificate! Easy, right? Enter your stories here. We want to hear from you!
Nonfiction Monday Roundup:
- Jone MacCulloch of Check It Out reviews the Cybils-nominated Country Road ABC by Arthur Geisert.
- Alex Baugh of The Children's War shares a review of One Thousand Tracings by Lita Judge.
- Perfect for the upcoming holiday, check out the review at the Shelf Employed blog of Veterans Day by Rebecca Rissman (published by our Heinemann-Raintree division).
- Roberta Gibson of Wrapped In Foil shares a review of Face to Face With Whales by Flip and Linda Nicklin.
- Catherine Nichols of The Cath in the Hat highlights a collection of titles for young readers on Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), including: Day of the Dead by Linda Lowery, Pablo Remembers: The Fiesta of the Day of the Dead by George Ancona, and The Festival of Bones by Luis San Vicente.
- Tammy Flanders of Apples With Many Seeds shares a review of I've Dreamed About Flying Like a Bird by Robert B. Haas.
- Anastasia Suen of Picture Book of the Day has Thanksgiving on her mind with a review of Seed, Soil, Sun: Earth's Recipe for Food by Cris Peterson.
- While Jeff Barger of NC Teacher Stuff has winter and snow on his mind with a review of Winter Wonderland by Jill Esbaum.
- Kim Hutmacher of Wild About Nature reviews one of our very own, What's the Difference Between a Leopard and a Cheetah? by Lisa Bullard (published by our Picture Window Books division).
- Abby Johnson of Abby the Librarian shares a review of Stand Straight, Ella Kate by Kate Klise and M. Sarah Klise.
- Cindy Dobrez and Lynn Rutan of Bookends feature a review of Sugar Changed the World: A Story of Magic, Spice, Slavery, Freedom and Science by Marc Aronson and Marina Budhos.
- Ami of Three Turtles and Their Pet Librarian reviews Big Rigs on the Move by Candice Ransom and Fire Trucks on the Move by Judith Jango-Cohen.
- Sarah of In Need of Chocolate highlights a review of Face to Face With Lions by Beveryly and Dereck Joubert.
- Janet of All About the Books with Janet Squires reviews one of our very own, Animals in Fall by Martha E.H. Rustad (published by our Capstone Press division).