Congratulations to the 2013 Summer SuperHero Winners!
myON would like to congratulate everyone who participated in the 2nd annual Summer SuperHero reading program! With over 65,000 students and over 4,246 schools participating, we were able to read over 2.3 million books in 90 days (which equates to over 28 years of reading).
The 2013 Summer SuperHero Program challenged students to read as much as possible from May15th—August15th. The ultimate goal was to motivate kids to read over the summer and build their confidence and interest in reading.
The Summer SuperHero Reading program will award prizes to the top three students in the elementary school category (PreK-5th grade) and middle school category (6th—12th grade) that spent the most time reading over the summer as well as to the school that read the most books!
Top 5 schools that read the most books!
- Grand prize winner of the Variquest Poster Maker: Jackson Elementary School, McAllen ISD (TX)
- Runner up winner of the interactive whiteboard from Steelcase Education: Farney Elementary School, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (TX)
- 3rd Place winner of the elementary publisher bundle – Birkes Elementary, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (TX)
- 4th Place winner of elementary publisher bundle – Magnet School at Mary Hooker, Hartford Public Schools (CT)
- 5th Place winner of middle school publisher bundle – Saghalie Middle School, Federal Way School District (WA)
For a complete list of the top 100 readers, visit our webpage. Each participant can print their certificate of participation by downloading the certificate here.
Congratulations to all students participating in the
2013 Summer SumerHero Reading Challenge!